Sageworth is organized as a private trust company to ensure continuity in its clients’ financial affairs for generations.
In fulfilling its fiduciary obligations, Sageworth can serve as executor, trustee, guardian, agent and custodian. Sageworth’s fiduciary services include:
- Independent trustee for testamentary and lifetime trusts, including marital, multi-generational, asset protection, QPRTs, GRATs and life insurance trusts
- Expert trust and estate administration
- Uniquely qualified to deal with specialty assets, such as closely-held business interests, investment real estate and other illiquid assets
- Trustee for family foundations and other charitable trusts
- Fiduciary for company-sponsored retirement plans
South Dakota Trust Company
In addition, Sageworth has a separate South Dakota trust company to provide its clients with access to what is widely considered the preeminent trust jurisdiction in the United States.
Sageworth Trust Company of South Dakota operates under the same client-focused, relationship-driven philosophy upon which Sageworth was founded. This allows its clients to take full advantage of South Dakota’s favorable trust laws while avoiding the inflexible bureaucracy of a large institution and the impersonal nature of a mere custodial trustee.
Sageworth’s team of wealth planning strategists and trust administrators is highly experienced and creative in dealing with the most sophisticated tax planning and trust governance strategies utilizing South Dakota trusts. They understand how to efficiently implement and administer those strategies, many of which involve private business and real estate interests.
Benefits of South Dakota trust law include:
- No state income taxes on trust assets
- Best asset protection for discretionary trusts
- Best privacy statutes in the United States
- Highly flexible processes for modifying trusts